Sunday 13 February 2011

Production:Editing

When it came to editing this time around, I felt more confident about what I was doing as I had had some practice when editing the beginning of my other film opening.
The first thing I had to do was to download the video clips from the video camera using 'Adobe OnLocation' software. I found this pretty straight forward to do, but it was very annoying when I came to look at some of the clips I have captured as I found I had missed some vital pieces of video off the start/end and this meant I had to go back and re-capture the clips using the software. Apart from this, I found the sofware really useful and easy to use.
Below show images of the 'Adobe Onlocation' software I used and me capturing my video clips off the video camera.




Once I had captured all my clips from the video camera, it was then time for me to upload them using 'Adobe Premiere Pro' software. This was very simple to do and the software allows you to upload them all and stores them until you're ready to edit them. The images below show this software and where the software stores your clips until you're ready to edit them.




Once I had inserted the clips onto the editing 'stage', it was very easy for me to edit these to make them the right size. The software allows you to select the clip you want and by holding the mouse down and dragging, you are able to crop or lengthen the clip. I found this to be really useful and the software makes this even more easier by allowing you to make the 'editing stage' bigger so to allow you to be more precise in what you're editing. The images below show the cropping process and tool that allows you to zoom in on the stage to make editing even more precise.



Once I had finished getting all clips the right size, I needed to join them together, which was very simple to do if I had normal jump cuts between each clip. However, if this wasn't the case, then I was able to use the 'Video Effects' selection which allowed me to put dissolving transitions between the clips. This came very useful when changing from the different shots showing different locations e.g from boy's speech to girl appearing in the bedroom. When it came to deciding what to use between the clips where the girl is applying her make up, I wasn't too sure and had originally planned to use dissolving transitions. However, after talking to my teacher, we both decided it would look best to use jump cuts as it will help to speed the filming up and make it more exciting. The image below shows the different effects you can use on your video clips.

After I had a continuous run of film, it was then time for me to add music. Of course with my opening, I didn't need any music, apart from the boy's speech over the filming. I easily inserted the music and edited it by cropping it to fit the right places in the filming. I then only had to mute the sound on the other filming clips so that it was only the boy's voice you could hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment