Sunday 13 February 2011

Production:Filming

I feel filming went really well this weekend. I met my two actors at the location and I was pleased to find all props were already set up and ready for us to start filming.

The first shot with Dan talking to the camera didn't start to plan as he forgot quite a bit of his speech. However, after quite a few takes, he got it spot on and I'm sure this will look really good when it comes to editing it.

I felt Ellie played her part really well and we didn't have to retake many shots. The only problem we faced in the bedroom shot was the alarm clock I had brought wasn't working properly so we were able to use the alarm on my phone as back up. When this happened, I was glad that I thought about bringing two alarms in case the one didn't work. The shot under the bed worked well and I didn't end up falling over when doing this, which was a bonus! The images below show me filming the shot under the bed and a shot of Ellie practicing her 'asleep' shot.




The shots in the bathroom all went well. I was pleased at how my friend had been able to do her hair in a 'big style' as this made it easier when I did the panning of the bathroom as when it comes to editing, it should be easier to bring the two clips together without making it obvious that I have used two different shots. The images below show me practicing filming for this shot and Ellie practicing a shot that we eventually decided not to use as we felt it didn't really make sense to have it in.




With the outside shots, I found I had to film many takes for this as Ellie couldn't open the gate a couple of times and we had the noise of a tractor in a field, which was very off putting for the actors. However, we did eventually manage to film this correctly and I feel I shouldn't have too much trouble when it comes to editing these parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment